Were you aware that many of the world’s most popular brands test on animals? Before researching this post, I honestly didn’t know that my favorite go-to brands continued this barbaric practice.
It further shocked me to discover almost 700 brands on the list. It is frankly baffling. We have Siri and Alexa to do our bidding, yet companies are still unnecessarily testing on animals.
I find that to be utter bullsh*t!
This list of companies that test on animals was created to make you aware of the brands you should avoid.
This post is updated weekly.
📌Be sure to Pin it or bookmark it for later!📌
*This post may contain affiliate links. Which means I may earn a commission if you use them at no cost to you. You may read our disclaimer policy for more info.
HOW DO BRANDS MAKE THE Simple Vegan MOM Bad LIST?
For a company to be added to this list then they have met one of the following criteria:
- The product or ingredients were tested on animals
- The company authorized a third-party to test the product or ingredients on their behalf.
- The company’s products are sold in a country where animal testing is required.
Click on the brand name to be taken to a specific product page with more information.
You can search by clicking CMD + F on MAC or CTRL + F on PC then type in the brand name.
- Alfred Sung
- American Crew
- African Beauty Brands
- Atelier Cologne – SOLD IN CHINA
- Britney Spears Fragrances
- Biotherm – SOLD IN CHINA
- Charlie Fragrances
- Christina Aguilera Fragrances
- Creme of Nature
- Creative Nail Design (CND)
- Clarisonic – SOLD IN CHINA
- Diesel – SOLD IN CHINA
- Elizabeth Arden
- Ed Hardy Fragrance
- Elizabeth Taylor Fragrance Collection
- Essie – SOLD IN CHINA
- Giorgio Beverly Hills
- Grey Flannel by Geoffrey Beene
- Giorgio Armani – SOLD IN CHINA
- Guy Laroche
- Helena Rubinstein – SOLD IN CHINA
- House 99 by David Beckham
- Jean Nate
- Jennifer Aniston
- John Varvatos
- Juicy Couture
- Kerastase – SOLD IN CHINA
- Kiehl’s – SOLD IN CHINA
- La Perla
- Lucky You Lucky Brand
- Lancôme – SOLD IN CHINA
- La Roche-Posay – SOLD IN CHINA
- L’Oreal Paris – SOLD IN CHINA
- L’Oreal Professional – SOLD IN CHINA
- Mariah Carey Fragrances
- Magic – SOLD IN CHINA
- Maison Margiela – SOLD IN CHINA
- Maybelline New York – SOLD IN CHINA
- Natural Honey
- Pure Ice
- Paloma Picasso
- Proenza Schouler
- Revlon Professional
- Ralph Lauren Fragrances – SOLD IN CHINA
- Roger &Gallet – SOLD IN CHINA
- Sinful Colors
- Seed Phytonutrients
- Shu Uemura – SOLD IN CHINA
- Shu Uemura Art of Hair – SOLD IN CHINA
- SkinCeuticals – SOLD IN CHINA
- Vichy – SOLD IN CHINA
- Viktor & Rolf
- Yue Sai – SOLD IN CHINA
- Yves Saint Laurent Beaute – SOLD IN CHINA
Choose to Be Cruelty-Free
Let’s be clear…
This list of companies that test on animals is not exhaustive. I’m constantly researching brands and unfortunately, there are plenty more bad to add to this list.
To be honest, I have some of these brands in my home right now. But I don’t plan on throwing them away.
Transitioning to a cruelty-free lifestyle is a gradual change. There’s no point in throwing away products you’ve already paid for. Just start researching cruelty-free options to replace the bad.
Are you shocked by any of the brands on this list? What’s the first thing you plan on replacing? Please leave your comments below.